The Powermax30® XP is a highly portable plasma cutting system that can handle a wide range of applications. A unique “two-in-one” design provides high-power capability for thick metal cutting, as well as the FineCut® consumables for detailed, thin metal cutting. The versatile 30 amp system uses air or nitrogen to cut electrically conductive metals, such as mild steel, stainless steel, or aluminum.
Capacity Thickness Cut speed Cutting Recommended 10 mm (3/8″) 500 mm/min (20 ipm) 12 mm (1/2″) 250 mm/min (10 ipm) Severance 16 mm (5/8″) 125 mm/min (5 ipm)
Cutting with 120 V input power
Use FineCut nozzle and deflector for cutting at 120 V input power. When operating at the maximum recommended output of 25 A, the cut capacities are:
- 6 mm (1/4″) at 482 mm/min (19 ipm)
- 10 mm (3/8″) at 203 mm/min (8 ipm)
- 12 mm (1/2″) at 76 mm/min (3 ipm)
Easy to use
- System includes everything you need to get you cutting quickly and easily
- Small size and light weight let you take the Powermax30 XP just about anywhere
- Plug into any 120 or 240 V power (convenient Auto-Voltage™ technology and plug adapters included)
Superior performance in a compact package
- Fast cutting speeds and excellent cut quality let you finish jobs quicker, with fewer secondary operations
- Built to withstand heavy-duty use in the most demanding environments
Input voltages 120-240 V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz Input current @ 3.8 kW 120-240 V, 1-PH, 25-18.8 A Output current 15-30 A Rated output voltage 125 VDC Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F) 35%, 240 V
20%, 120 V
Open circuit voltage (OCV) 256 VDC Dimensions with handles 356 mm (14.0″) D; 168 mm (6.6″) W; 305 mm (12.0″) H Weight w/ 4,5 m (15′) torch CSA: 9.7 kg (21.4 lbs)
CE, CCC: 9.5 kg (21 lbs)
Gas Supply Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
113.3 l/min (4 scfm) at 5.5 bar (80 psi) Input power cable length 3 m (10′) Power supply type Inverter – IGBT Engine drive requirement 5.5 kW for full 30 A output Certifications CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China
CE, C-Tick, CU/GOST, Ukr, and Serbian — for use in Europe, Australia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, and other countries where accepted.
CCC for use in China.
Warranty Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty.